Group A questions
Routine questions about the applicant’s strengths, weaknesses, personality, related to the profile of the applicant
- What is one of your best characteristics?
- Why are you special?
- Describe yourself.
- What are your hobbies?
- What was the last book you read?
The applicant’s portfolio/academic track record/achievements
- What is the achievement that you are most proud of?
- What projects have you done in primary school, and which one are you proud of?
The applicant’s potential to contribute to the DSA school based on applicant’s experience and opinions
- How do you think our school can support your interests?
- How do you manage your time if you have frequent school trainings (for sports/music DSA)?
- Would you compromise on your interests or passion because of a busy study schedule?
- What is the math theory which interest you the most (for Mathematics DSA)?
- What are the changes would you like to see to the science curriculum? (for Science DSA)?
- Are there any events or people you remember the most during your 3 to 6 years of CCA?
- The school’s programmes and motivation for choosing the school
- Why should we choose you for DSA?
- Why do you like to play Badminton/tennis…? (for Sports DSA)
Group B Questions
Non-routine questions about the applicant’s reasoning process and the applicant’s ability to think on the spot and handle surprise
- If you are the Prime Minister of Singapore, what will you do to make this country better?
- If you are only allowed to bring one item to Mars, what will you bring?
- Which part of a car would you like to be and why?
- Look around the room and find something that best describes you.
Group C Questions
General knowledge, current affairs questions; Questions about general knowledge and whether applicant can apply them
Questions about social issues and currents affairs
- Is there any discrimination in Singapore? If you are the Prime Minister what will you do to prevent discrimination?
- What do you think about education system in Singapore?
- What makes you proud of living in Singapore?
- How do you look at the news of MRT breakdowns?
(For group interviews) Questions related to teamwork. Interviewers also look out for the interactions between the applicants and problem-solving skills.
- Who should we choose out of all the applicants in this room?
- Is your primary school the best?