At GATE Hong Kong, we aim to stretch the potential of our learners. Prior to enrollment, they will have to complete a set of admission tests. A review session will then provided be to parents to recommend suitable learning tracks for their child and the range of enrichment courses available.
To measure mathematical and English abilities of K-12 students
- Developed by GATE using high ability Asian students data built over more than 10,000 sample size.
- Benchmarking test based on Singapore Education standard (world top three for reading, mathematics and problem solving skills by PISA).
To measure nonverbal abilities of K-12 students
- Developed by Pearson Accredited by New York City Education Department Designated selection test for Gifted Education Programme in NYC
- Scope of the test: 1. Pattern Completion 2. Reasoning by Analogy 3. Serial Reasoning 4. Spatial Visualisation
To measure verbal, quantitative and figural reasoning skills
- SAGES-2 used in identifying gifted students K-8 Reliability coefficients ranging from 0.77-0.95
There is no single test or technique that can be used to identify high ability learners. We believe in the multiple assessment approach:
Your children may not need to go through the placement test if
- You have already sent your child for assessment conducted by any qualified psychologists, please just bring along the report when you apply for admission.
- You have tested your child’s IQ through an IQ test, please submit the test result for admission purpose. Although IQ is not the single measurement of a child giftedness, we will use the report as an important assessment criteria.
- You may arrange an appointment with our associated child psychologist/clinic psychologist for assessment if formal report is required.